357 Magnum - Underwood 120 Grain Xtreme Hunter
- Manufacturer – Underwood
- Bullet – 120 Grain Xtreme Hunter
- Case – Nickel Plated Brass
- Use – Hunting
- Quantity – 20 rounds per box
The Xtreme Hunter (XH) was born from the incredibly popular Xtreme Defender product line. Like the XD, the Xtreme Hunter (XH) ammunition has an optimized nose flute. The difference is that weight and attained velocity have been optimized to achieve maximum penetration depth with a permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is just simply enormous. No expanding hollow point comes close to achieving anywhere near the diameter and volume of wound channel achieved by the Xtreme Hunter. Not only is the PWC over 100% larger than any other expanding bullet, terminal performance is achieved despite being shot through barriers. The solid copper body ensures that thick hide, bone, and any other barrier will have minimal effect on the Permanent Wound Channel.
This round offers:
- A permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is 2 times greater than any expanding bullet
- Reduced recoil
- CNC machined from solid copper to overcome barriers for consistent penetration
- Radial flutes that force the hydraulic energy outward due to massive pressure differentials
- Optimized frontal surface area with barrier breaking edges to that increase the force at the point of contact that effortlessly defeat even the toughest of obstacles.
- Specially designed geometry to carry the wound cavity deeper into the target than the XD, and larger than the XP.
|Underwood – 357 Magnum 120 Grain Xtreme Hunter|
|Bullet Weight||120 Grain|
|Bullet Type||Lehigh Defense Xtreme Defense|
|Case||Nickel Plated Brass|
|Muzzle Velocity||1700 fps|
|Muzzle Energy||770 ft lbs|